Canadian Animals for Kids
By: Max Elliott
Publication date: May 2023
Hardcover | 32 pages | 9 x 9 inches
Also Available Here
How does a beaver warn of danger? Why to lynx have big paws? Where do walruses like to live? Canadian Animals for Kids is a rhyming book that's the perfect way to entertain young children while they learn about Canadian animals.
Children love to learn about wildlife, and in Canadian Wildlife for Kids the colours and textures of Max Elliott’s mixed media artwork make it fun for children to engage with a variety of Canadian animals, whether it be in a school classroom or for a bedtime story. Parents, teachers, and gift-givers will find that this is the perfect book for children to appreciate the wonder of Canadian animals and the world in which they live.
- Ideal for children ages 0-5
- Durable hardcover
- Teaches children about animals, words, and rhymes in an entertaining way
- Includes polar bears, mountain goats, salmon, caribou, and puffins
- Colourful original illustrations engage children and keep them interested
- Great for reading one-on-one, in a group setting, or as a bedtime story
- Perfect as a gift for new mother, baby showers, birthdays, Christmas, or any occasion.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Max Elliott has called the Canadian Rockies home since 1980. She grew up on the southern prairies and in the northern boreal forest of Saskatchewan, and work and school have taken her to live on the west and east coasts of Canada. A love of walking in and observing nature has informed Max’s creations for decades. Following the award-winning success of Canadian Rockies ABC, Max now celebrates the variety of Canada’s wild animals in her second book.